Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Beautiful marine life

Hyperia galba
Today I'd like to introduce you to Alexander Semonov a researcher who is also a very talented underwater photographer. His photos are of stunning beauty and show a lot of the underwater life in the White Sea.

Semonov describes himself on one of his many internet sites: I’m marine biologist, explorer and underwater photographer, head of the divers’ team at Moscow State University’s White sea biological station. My team and me are used to diving in unfavourable and often harsh conditions where we successfully conduct complex research projects. My own goal is to study underwater life through camera lenses and to boost people’s interest in marine biology, sharing all my finding on social media and in real life through public lectures, exhibitions and media events. 

Semonov is also leading a project, Aquatilis Expedition, that intends to blend art and science. He and his team plan to launch in late 2016 on three-year-long, 35,000-nautical-mile ocean trek to find new species and photograph sea creatures as never before.

That's enough talking for today, let some images speak for themselves. If you want to see more I suggest to check out his Flickr, Instagram or Facebook accounts.

Pholis gunnellus
Metridium farcimen
Flabellina on Molgula
Cyanea capillata
h/t Alex Borisenko






No comments:

Post a Comment